My Divorce Is Not Going Well

If your divorce is not going well, you need to take action now before it is too late. The consequences of a poor property settlement or unworkable parenting orders will have drastic and long term consequence for your life and that of your children. Can I change my divorce lawyer? If you are feeling ignored …

My Divorce Is Not Going Well Read More »

How to Divorce with Substituted Service

Unless you are applying for your divorce jointly, you will need to serve the other party. Unfortunately, it sometimes happens that you cannot locate your spouse to serve the divorce application. This can occur for any of a number of reasons. If you are unable to locate your spouse, even after you have taken all reasonable steps to locate them, you can apply for an order to dispense with service or for substituted service.

How to Divorce

The Family Law Act 1975 established the principles of no-fault divorce under Australian law. When granting a divorce the court does not consider why the marriage ended and the only ground for divorce is that the marriage broke down and there is no reasonable likelihood that the parties will get back together.

Separation and Divorce

Separation is when you and your partner stop living together in a domestic or marriage-like relationship. Your partner does not have to agree to the separation, however he or she needs to know that you think the relationship is over. There are no legal processes to become separated. Divorce is the official ending of marriage. …

Separation and Divorce Read More »