How to Divorce with Substituted Service

Unless you are applying for your divorce jointly, you will need to serve the other party. Unfortunately, it sometimes happens that you cannot locate your spouse to serve the divorce application. This can occur for any of a number of reasons. If you are unable to locate your spouse, even after you have taken all reasonable steps to locate them, you can apply for an order to dispense with service or for substituted service.